As a public service, NO Progressive Tax may provide links to other organizations that provide information of benefit to small businesses.
External links do not constitute an NO Progressive Tax endorsement of the opinions, products or services presented on the external site, or of any sites linked to it.
External links are intended to support NO Progressive Tax’s mission. They are not intended to support private or commercial organizations or businesses. Links to .org, .gov, .edu, .mil or other nonprofit sites that provide small business information related to NO Progressive Tax’s mission are encouraged because of their general non-commercial, public-interest nature. These sites should include:
- Organizations funded by NO Progressive Tax through grants or cooperative agreements
- Organizations engaged in a formal partnership with NO Progressive Tax, such as NO Progressive Tax Resource Partners and co-sponsors
- Federal, state and local government agencies
- Small business-related associations
noprogressivetax.com staff evaluates all suggested links using the following criteria:
- Is the recommended website an official government-owned or supported website?
- Does the recommended website provide official government information or services?
- Does the recommended website complement existing information, products and services on noprogressivetax.com?
- Is the recommended website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the recommended website’s content relevant, useful and authoritative for citizens, businesses and/or government officials?
- Does the recommended website’s information appear to be accurate and current?
- Does use of the recommended website require registration, and if so, is its approach to the collection of personal information consistent with NO Progressive Tax’s privacy and security policies?
- Is the recommended website user-friendly?
NO Progressive Tax will not link to:
- Websites which exhibit hate, bias, or discrimination or promotes one political party over another
- Websites which are primarily commercial in nature (i.e., advertising a product, charging a usage fee, soliciting user information, etc.),
- Websites which charge a user fee for access
- Websites which violate federal ethics policies or only promote or endorse non-federal products or services
- Websites that encourage the public to contact members of Congress or other federal officials, as well as state or local officials, on behalf of an Administration position with respect to pending legislation, regulations, policies, appropriations or ratification actions
- Websites that are deemed to be misleading, contain unsubstantiated claims or are determined to be in conflict with NO Progressive Tax’s mission
Use of NO Progressive Tax notification regarding links to sites outside of noprogressivetax.com:
- Links to web pages and all forms of content that reside outside of noprogressivetax.com must contain a notification (bye-bye message) to the user that he or she is leaving NO Progressive Tax’s web site
- A statement about endorsement and liability must accompany the bye-bye message
Section 207(f) of the E-Government Act of 2002 (Pub. L. 107-347) stipulates that all federal agency public websites identify and post the following mandatory links on major entry points of their sites:
- Agency strategic plan and annual performance plans
- Descriptions of agency organizational structure, mission, and statutory authority
- Information made available under the Freedom of Information Act
- Specific website privacy policies
- Summary statistical data about equal opportunity complaints filed with the agency and written notification of “whistleblower” rights and protections as required by the No Fear Act of 2002
- Agency point of contact for small businesses as required by the Small Business Paperwork Relief Act of 2002
- Other cross-government portals or links required by law or policy
We may link to information in accordance with our linking policy, whether or not the other website links to us or not. NO Progressive Tax does not routinely engage in reciprocal linking.
Links from an outside resource
Any public or private entity may link to noprogressivetax.com as long as the descriptive words of noprogressivetax.com are accurate and not misleading and do not misrepresent any relationship between the linking site and noprogressivetax.com. Entities may not use the NO Progressive Tax logo as its link. Advance permission is not required in order to link to noprogressivetax.com provided these conditions are followed.
Reproduction of NO Progressive Tax content
Government information on noprogressivetax.com is in the public domain. Public domain information may be freely distributed and copied, but it is requested that in any subsequent use, NO Progressive Tax’s information be given appropriate acknowledgement. When using noprogressivetax.com you may encounter documents, illustrations, photographs, or other information resources contributed or licensed by private individuals, companies, or organizations that may be protected by U.S. and foreign copyright laws. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use as defined in the copyright laws requires the written permission of the copyright owners. It is your responsibility to identify the copyright owner and obtain permission before making use of this material.
noprogressivetax.com highlights links of special interest to wide audiences by temporarily posting them in a position of prominence on the website. Featured links may include: seasonal information; current topics of interest to small business owners; cosponsored activities; cross-agency portals that enhance the public’s interaction with government; and new links
- NO Progressive Tax does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- NO Progressive Tax does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- NO Progressive Tax cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- NO Progressive Tax is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- NO Progressive Tax does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.